Sunday, January 17, 2010

About Us

Hi, I'm Holly Hudson, proud wife to Bert and Momma to our five nutty children.


We have one daughter, Her Highness, who truly believes her lot in life is to be a Princess. She's a Diva through and through. And since the good Lord only gave us one girl, I guess she might as well be as pink and girlie as she can. GOD definitely knows what you need. I say all the time, my four boys wear me out physically, but emotionally, Her Highness brings me to my knees every day! She's our little mommy, who loves to boss her brothers and keep them in line.


Our four sons are known as The Storm. Thunder, Lightning, Hail and Flash Flood were all born in less than five years. These boys can wreck a house like a tornado. All I need after a rainy day with the four of them stuck indoors is a tv camera and a reporter questioning me while I answer in a super southern drawl, "Well, yawl, it sounded like a train was a comin'. Then, next thinged that happened was that well, it done got trashed! Our house is just a MESS, except thank goodness my Dale collection stayed safe." The interview is only completed by my daily uniform... old sweats, one of Bert's tattered t-shirts and greasy hair that hasn't been washed for several days, thrown up into a pony tail. Fun times. The Storm works well together for the most part, which makes them capable of creating a "Perfect Storm" from time to time. At the end of those days I can be found hiding under our bed, clutching a bottle of wine in one hand, and a pack of Pepperidge Farm Mint Milanos in the other.


Bert, The Meteorologist, is a wonderful husband and father. Most days I accuse him of being their leader. Sometimes I tell folks that he's my oldest child, cause well, he basically is. Bert has a great sense of humor and suffers with ADHD. Combine those two and you just never know what he's got in store for the rest of us. By day he's a Certified Public Accountant. By night, he's a bucking bull/pitcher/quarterback/tag-team wrestler/homework helper/book reader/bath giver/tea party attendee/wii expert who loves to be with his kids. I couldn't have picked a better father for this wild bunch. He's the best.


As for The Storm Chaser... I spend most of my time doing just that, chasing after our Storm and cleaning up the wreckage. I try and escape with Her Highness as much as possible to enjoy some quality girl time. Our GNO's usually consist of a pedicure then a quick trip to Target, cause we're glam like that. I am a true southern gal, who loves being girlie, but likes to get her hands dirty too. I'm a stay-at-home mom, who's completely undomesticated. I consider fish sticks and ketchup a balanced meal, though I am a fish stick snob... which is a contradiction in terms, I do realize. I love the LORD with all my heart. I am so thankful for HIS grace, as I struggle daily to be the person HE would have me to be.


This blog has been such a fun way for me to keep track of all those zany things our kids say and do. It's our family scrap book, cause I'm not artsy-crafty enough to create and keep up with a real one. Everyone says, "Write it down or you'll forget it." Well, that statement is so true, cause even after writing it down, I have to re-read old posts from time to time because I've already forgotten a bunch of it!


I've loved getting to know my bloggy friends. You all have been a huge support system and helped me in more ways than you will ever know. Motherhood can be lonely, at times, but all of you have helped me to fill that gap when I needed it. Thanks so much!