Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Moment in the Sun...

I'm joining you, Blogging Community, after I scoffed at you, laughed behind your back and secretly stalked you for many months. Originally, I firmly believed that blogging was created as a by-product of the Reality TV genre that has been crammed down our throats like a hot dog on Coney Island for the title of WORLD CHAMPION HOT DOG EATER. Gross, but true. While I'm confessing, I also said things like, "Do people think that others really care what she ate for lunch Saturday afternoon? Does she think she's Paris Hilton?" For the record, I'm NOT a Paris fan, but my point is, we've watched so many dumb reality shows that we now feel the need to report in our "confessional interview" segment of the show. And, to answer my own question, yes, people obviously do care, because I AM one of those people who has been reading, week after week, the reports of such posts.
For a while, I laughed at the word, "BLOG." Eww, for such a fun way to keep up with those you love, why the word BLOG? Add three more letters and you get, "B-O-L-O-G-N-A." Okay, so one of them has to be added in the middle, but still, the simple name was a turn off. BLOG. But, after many months of "checking up" on my friends who had one, I became desensitized and decided the name wouldn't stop me. Lack of time might/should. I'll admit it, I'm a total procrastinator. I tell myself things like, "I really am going to start Lucy's scrap book... right after I get caught up on my household duties." Insert laughter here. The thing is, Lucy, our only daughter and eldest child, is now FIVE YEARS OLD! And, I never keep up with the housework. I'm just not domesticated. I don't like to cook, I hate to clean, and I can avoid a pile of laundry like a polished politician who's been asked how to fix our struggling economy during a national debate. Get to the point... I'm never gonna get caught up, so time is no longer an excuse.
So, without further ado... here is my BLOG. I vote we change that word somehow. Blah.

6 comments:

Kiera said...

You're hilarious!! So glad you have decided to join the "blog" world! :) I miss seeing those precious faces! Keep up the good work and get those pictures flowing!

Kate said...

I love you! You need to write columns in a newspaper. You are such a witty journalist! Miss you and your family.

Love - Kate P.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

yaaaaayyyyY! glad you are here! im linking you up. youre so funny. and your children are just beautiful.

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

its working. no more stalkers for you.

Luke Miller said...

After reading all that, all you inspired me to do was eat a hotdog.

Kristy said...

haha! I love your thoughts here--so funny, and I look forward to keeping up!