Thursday, September 17, 2009

Joy and Pain... Sunshine and Rain

My dear friend and beloved surrogate aunt to Hail (Dr. Pepper) touched up this picture and scolded me for always talking so badly about this "little angel."




And since I promised my sister, (who is pregnant with boy and girl twins) to be more encouraging when it comes to raising boys, I thought I should do a post about the sweeter side of our "Storm."



A summer camp out in the dining room, just because they all wanted to sleep together... in the dining room, since that's the ONE room they haven't spent the night in...




Waiting for Daddy to get home from work....


Playing Pirates in the backyard... in their underwear. What, don't most pirates hang out in their undies???....

Tea Parties with Her Highness...


"Stuper-huro" hugs....


Earning your keep....


.... cause Momma's not the one who poured out the entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch...


Protecting Her Highness from scary movies. (though I'm not sure which one is more afraid here).....


Playing on the "com-pooter."...



Telling stories that only fellow passie faces can understand or relate to...

Loving to be near one another....

Being thankful to have each other to play with....

And, hanging out ALL the time shirtless and pantless cause, well, that's how we roll...


Though I do find myself on testosterone overload much of the time, I really can't complain. Life is good. GOD has truly blessed us with every member of our Storm. And while some days are stormier than others, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so cute with each other!! It makes me want to have more children

Dana said...

So sweet! There's just always one big party at your house! I have a friend that is pregnant with her sixth! She's really really hoping it's a girl since the other five are boys. Current youngest is seven months and the next up turned two in June.. I told her to come read your blog for encouragement ;).

PS: would your paint color happen to be Sherwin Williams favorite tan? PPS: is that a double oven I see in the picture in the previous post.. Soooo Jealous!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Dana,
I'll be honest... I have no idea what the colors in our house are. (Except the pink one... that's pastel princess from Bear) The folks we bought from had just painted everything very neutral, so we left it all the way it was. Unfortunately, I will know eventually because in the time we've been here, the kids have scribbled on every square inch of clean space!
And the double oven, you can HAVE. I can't remember if I've EVER used both at the same time. Usually, if something like cheese melts down in the bottom and stinks, and I don't want to smell it or clean it, I will crank up the other. Sad. I know.

The Hills said...

So Sweet!

And, isn't that the best vacuum?! We have one of those...and don't think TJ doesn't get his fair share of using it to clean his messes too :)