Thursday, October 15, 2009

Birthdays, Babies, Best Friends, Ball Games and Bad Dreams Part II

Much like last time (click here, Mom)... we've been busy. That's the Hudson way, we are boring and quiet for a few weeks (uh, sure). Then, we cram as much excitement into a single week as we possibly can.

Hail celebrated his second birthday.
Super cute home-made cake props of our dear friend, and surrogate- Aunt Dr. Pepper. Hail was so excited he blew his candles out before the first part of "Happy Birthday to You..." was over. Bert had to re-light them, then Hail blew them out again. So, at the end of the song, knowing some type of action must take place, Hail decided to LICK the cake. The monkey theme was quite fitting, and continued throughout the night... as Hail decided to ride one of his favorite gifts in his birthday suit.
And here is another gift from the wonderful Aunt Dr. Pepper. She said as a pediatrician, she had all kinds of issues buying a passie for a two year old. However, once she saw it, she couldn't pass it up. You can see why... This is now Hails most favorite passie, and he will wake in the middle of the night screaming, "Where my DEBIL-ASSIE?!" Thanks, Dr. P. And yes, Hail actually calls it an "assie."
Someone else celebrated a birthday recently as well. I'm not going to mention any names, but this person turned 32.
Happy Birthday, Babe. We love you very much. Just don't go all Jon Gosselin on me and claim that you were too young to know what you were getting yourself into... yada yada yada. That's a joke. Obviously.
I really don't give Bert enough credit for all he does around here. He's definitely the glue that holds us all together. He's a super active and involved Father and a fun husband. Wow, I'm a lucky girl.

I have an excellent support system. Not only is my hubby the best, but so are my gal pals.
They threw me a surprise baby shower! I thought just a couple of us were meeting for dessert for one of their birthdays. Turns out, even though it was actually her birthday, the party was for me and all of these great girls showed up to celebrate baby #5. We had such a great time. I love to laugh until tears are streaming down my cheeks, and that's just what we do when we're all together. LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!
My best friends have continued to allow our kiddos to get lots of practice before our new (still nameless) baby arrives...


To end our busy week, we made a trip to watch Bert's little brother (who is now taller than Bert) play football. He's #44. It's so hard for me to believe that he's already a sophomore in high school. When Bert and I first started dating, Sawyer was only FIVE years old. Time flies when you're having fun...
No, that's not my sister-in-law... that would be Bert's MOTHER. Yes, it is his biological Mom, and no she was not a teenager when she had him. She's a hot Grandmama! Am I jealous? ME? Of course. I would love to fit into her jeans now... not to mention when I'm... Okay, Gwen, I won't do it... I'll just say, a Grandmother!
We had a great time cheering on the Royals. Even if they did lose... their Homecoming game.
I will end this lengthy post with a bad dream. Mainly because I did the one I mentioned above, but also because I think it's blog worthy...
I recently had a dream, rather a nightmare, that I was one of the Duggar sisters. Not an in-law, mind you, but a blood sister. (Let's face it, blood is thicker and scarier in this case, than kool-aide.) In my dream, I was truly the black sheep of the family all because of my horrible attitude toward being present for Josh and Anna's home birth. I kept telling Michelle, "But I don't CARE if he's my brother!! I don't wanna watch a baby come out of her yee-haa!! GROSS!! Please don't make me go! PUH-LEASE!" And Jim Bob was all, "Now, now, you're not being a good example to the younger ones. You need to be there for they are our family." I woke up in a cold sweat. Seriously. The dream disturbed me that much. Or was it the "Grand-Duggar" episode that disturbed me that much?? Either way, I couldn't get back to sleep for quite a while.
Shew.

9 comments:

Jimmy said...

YOU need to lay off your reality shows. &=O You're becoming a part of it. Next we see, you'll be on the 10pm news for stalking! &=D

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

I know, right? But, the Duggars are like a train wreck! I just can't stop watching. And so is Toddlers and Tiaras, that's one I'll never be able to let go. I'm so over Jon & Kate though. Take them off the air already. As far as me being a stalker... Arkansas is too far, plus I'm afraid they'll perm my hair and put me to work.

Dana said...

I've got one question. When are you due? Because you're bending forward in that picture and that so was not possible for me when I was pregnant. Granted chasing four others is bound to keep you trim even while you're pregnant. But none the less, I'm impressed. I'm wondering where ya'll are living. And does Casey live near ya'll? I know you don't want to post your location on here. But, with all of our family being over in AL, I'm wondering if we pass by somewhere close where we could meet up for lunch when we go to visit some time. I would love to see ya'll.

Holly-- The Storm Chaser said...

Dana,
Aren't you sweet! I'm due November 24th, but I'm pretty sure I won't make it that long. Feeling lots of pressure already. I never carry very far in the front... because I carry my babies in my back. My butt is what gets HUGE. Seriously. They've all been in the 8 lb range, and people always comment that I don't look like I could have a baby that big up front. My siatic (sp?) nerve would beg to differ! I'm going to FB you later and give all of our details.

The Hills said...

I LOVE the the new passie...even cuter that he calls it an "assie!" And the birthday suit ride...PRECIOUS!

Lindy said...

I love the blog! Happy B'day to Big B, he is a super dad! Props to him for tightening my car seat base, tighter than I could have ever done myself! His Mom, is beautiful, I wish I looked as good as her now! I love Hail's new "assie" it fits him perfectly!ha! Lastly, your dream was hilarious! Don't worry if you were really a Duggar, you would have already been sent off to "wilderness school"! ha! As soon as they said, "Jolena" it's your day to clean the boy's bathrooms, and fix the tater tot casserole, you would be gone! ha!

Kiera said...

Loved all the pictures and Happy BIrthday to all the birthday boys! I bet you loved cheering on those RRRR-OOOOYY-ALLLLLLLS! ;) Use to love going to those games. :)
So glad you had a surprise shower, that's awesome just wish I could have been there! Love you girl and can't wait for #5!!

Runnin' Mommy said...

Okay, go with me here...the 7th picture down from the top of the new post there is the most BEAUTIFUL girl wearing a black outfit. It looks like she is wearing a blue baby pin maybe. I mean...she is the cutest thing EVER!!!!! You really do look GREAT! Even if you weren't expecting all of us to show up! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

your photos are precious. the naked riding the bike is my fave. your family is so sweet. ;)