Friday, May 21, 2010

Fortunes by Thunder


I ordered Chinese for lunch today. The Storm and I were starving, and since our Maid who went on strike is also our chief forager of food, our pantry is bare. So, I robbed the kids' piggy banks, placed a call to one of the only delivery places in town, and ordered up some sesame seed chicken and vegetable l0 mein. (Or "chi-a-neese worms" as The Storm so affectionately refers to it.)

After we polished off the cardboard containers, Thunder cracked open his fortune cookie and asked me to read his fortune: "You will be advanced socially, without any special effort." -I read, slowly, to add dramatic flair.
Thunder then cracked mine and "read" my fortune slowly, with the exact same tone I had used to read his, "You eat too much chi-a-neese food so that's why you're chubby."

Perhaps we should open a family business writing fortunes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe he said that! You look great in all your pics. And I guess I can believe he said that. My daughter once lifted up my shirt at walmart, exposing my large, unpregnant bellly, and told everyone that "we have another baby in her belly, see?"

Whitney said...

I think I would've cried. I tell people I'm fluffy. Everyone likes clouds right? LOL...and as to your other blog about fortunes...once, mine read, "You will step on the soil of many countries in your lifetime."
I'm hoping that means, as an Army wife, I get to travel..so far it means AL, VA and OK.....I'm waiting on the other countries...

Anonymous said...

I referred to myself as Shamu the other day, if that makes you feel better. Jonathan just proceeded to laugh instead of following it with, "no honey you look great." :)

The Mundies said...

So funny Holly!! I love reading your blogs! :)