Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick-or-Treat, Smell My Feet...

...Gib me sumpin' good to eat! If you don't, I don't care. I'll pull down MY unnerwares!!
If I had a nickel for every time I heard The Storm scream that song over the last few weeks,
I could afford that live-in maid I've been dreaming of for so long.
We enjoyed all the Fall Festivities this weekend.

First, we carved punkins... Well, some of us did. Lightning, Thunder and I were the only ones who were brave enough to gut them. Her Highness and Hail served as supervisors for much of the process. All four kids drew faces on paper, then Bert and I tried our best to carve them to scale...
Flash Flood watched and waited patiently from the sand box. Apparently, he thought snacking on the sand was just as fun as playing in it. His diaper proved my theory the next morning.

Then came the time to light 'em up... Lightning's "Hoot Owl" is on the left. Thunder's "Crazy Vampire" on the right...

Pretty obvious which one belongs to Her Highness. Hail chose the traditional jack-o-lantern face....

Saturday night, the kids got to have a dress rehearsal in preparation for the main event...
"Darf Bader" and "Obie-ONE-Tanobie" battled over their fair maiden.
Hail, was supposed to be a "Powice Mans" but decided to go as an undercover cop most of the time...

Reason #840 that I LOVE Publix: They set up Trick-or-Treat stations so my kids could practice begging for candy, while I did some grocery shopping.

"Haunted Aisle" in Publix. Side Note: Did you know that the butcher at Publix will cube your raw meet so you don't have to?? (That's reason #489 I LOVE Publix.) Seriously, they will. You take your raw package of chicken/beef/pork to the counter, tell the butcher if you want it cubed, chopped, etc, and they'll open the package and do it right then. FOR FREE. That's the part I hate the most about cooking, so the day I found out they would do it, I nearly kissed the butcher. On the mouth. But, I held it together and thanked him over and over, then skipped all the way to the register. Oh, Publix how I love thee.
Finally, the time had come... The MAIN EVENT. Oh yeah, baby. (Her Highness' favorite saying right now.) Her Highness decided to be a cheerleader instead of a ballerina. Which was fine by me, since we already owned that costume too. Again, Hail decided being an undercover cop was much more fun. These pics were taken by my BFF, Lindy, who brought her precious family trick-or-treating with our crazy bunch. Her captions in her e-mail were too funny not to share...
Picture 1: I thought this pic with Lightning and his light-saber and the rest of the kids in the background is really funny. It's like, okay you guys go steal the whole bowl and I'll be on the lookout. Go! Go! And may the force be with you!
Picture 2: Trick or treat, wait who is this random kid at the door with us? ha!...
Picture 3: Big Daddy "Bo" with his kiddos! Dang, y'all have a lot of kids! Oh, wait.. There is still one missing!
Hope your "Hall-o-leen" was as fun as ours! Bring on Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

The Hills said...

Looks like YOU'RE BAAACK in full blog swing! Love all of the halloween pics...your kiddos are precious!

Lindy said...

I feel honored! I got a shout out on "the blog"! ha! You know my grammar skills are terrible! I would have double checked my punctuation if I would have known. ha!

Thanks for letting us tag along w/you guys!

Love, L

Brittny said...

again, i am dying laughing!!! i adore your family and have never met you. BUT feel like if i ever did we'd just roll like we've known each other forever.

oh, and christopher looked like a regular kid too. wore his costume half the time then we ditched it. i'm just trying to figure out how i can ditch it in the trash without him knowing or crying b/c it's gone. it's taking up space, man!

Mandy said...

And yet ANOTHER thing we have in common...a love affair with Publix. We are headed there today, in fact! Everyone looks great!

tarheelmom said...

Cute Halloween pics! I want a Publix (pout pout).

mallory said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR BLOG! I do not even know you, but found it through a friend and whenever I happen upon it, I always get a laugh...your family reminds me of my own! love it!